Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Some of my best work is done when I'm half asleep." - 365 Project, Day 335

I said I was looking forward to the next few days, which is true, but they won't leave much chance for photographic opportunity.  This is what distinguishes a photographer from an artist, I think.  How do you take photographs of something when there's not much to shoot?

Gavin Hoey has a "15-Minute Photo Challenge" he posts from time to time.  He has 15 minutes to take the best shots of his surrounds possible.  They're a nice learning tool, and though he does go to interesting spots to take his pictures, this is a nice exercise in photo-taking.

The last time I tried this challenge was last June, I think, and I realised my S95 buttons didn't work anymore, so it wasn't the best experience.  I could try to do this again, but the -20C wouldn't be the best conditions.  I'll try it again soon.

Here are our challenges for the day.

Frank

His note: I'm very impressed with this duet by Lady GaGa and Tony Bennett.  Especially her performance.

Shannon

Her note: As the day went on these got longer.

My shot

Today's shot (and tomorrow's for that matter) are nothing special.  There doesn't seem to be anything catching my eye, and so the mundane takes over.  (To be fair the weather isn't helping much, either.)  I've taken far too many sunset pictures, so I tried doing something a little bit different, though I don't think I accomplished much of that.  In any case, here's what I took.

Tomorrow is going to be more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment