Wednesday 29 February 2012

"My artistic eye is black and white. I’m used to seeing and visualizing in black and white and have only one way of taking pictures." - 365 Project, Day 363

Shooting in colour takes a certain eye, but by the same token, shooting in black and white, or shooting for HDR, takes a certain mindset.  The tones and highlights are different in all these types of photography, making you look differently at the same scene.

It's not that tough to train your eye to look at a scene for a specific type of shot, it just takes a certain amount of practice.

Here are our scenes.

Frank

His note: Don't ask I have no idea what this is either.

Myself

Yes, this is a shot of my cat.  As much as I wanted to go out side, it was cold and windy.  Tux was sleeping and looked at me strangely when I took a shot of him.  I don't think he cared much about what was happening.

Onto the ending, coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment