Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Many people ask me why I am always carrying my cameras, or ask me why I am taking pictures. I often ask them, 'Why do you eat?'." - 365 Project, Day 333

Yesterday I talked about performance, so I figure today I'll talk about size.  It's impressive what companies have been able to do with photography.  Cameras are powerful, they're small, and they can so much more than simply take blurry pictures of the subject.  When there's speculation that Lytro is trying to adapt their light field camera for cell phones, the world has truly become miniaturised.

SLRs are getting smaller, compacts are tiny and cell phones are a viable camera substitute for a fun night out.  Companies still find ways of putting more and more zoom and more elements in smaller cameras every year. Fuji, for example, announced a compact camera with 21x zoom.  Now, I can't vouch for the clarity and quality of the pictures that will be produced, but it is an amazing feat, nonetheless.  I simply can't wait until I see Panasonic's 'intelligent zoom' mode in cell phones, and see quality pictures with 2x, or 3x or even 5x zoom inside a cell phone.

With our cameras of various sizes and weights, we took these shots.

Frank

His note: Can you tell freezing rain makes parking lots icy and slippery?

Shannon

Her note: At Fan Fair for the All-Star Weekend!

Pat

One of the first pictures I posted was vaguely similar to this.  This is more of a close-up and a bit better overall, I find.  I've grown a bit and I like tight framing more than I did.  There's something creepy about this picture, and not seeing what's around this tree helps create the right eerie mood.

What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment