Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Photography is the beauty of life, captured." - 365 Project, Day 334

I had a friend visiting and we ended up taking pictures.  I don't often do portraits, or work with people when I'm taking pictures and it's quite a different experience.

Personally, when I go walk around to take shots, I'm listening to music or a podcast while I'm walking around, and don't really hear what's going on.  Not that I have any issues interacting with people, but when I'm taking shots with strangers around I'm not really looking to strike up a conversation.

Not only that, but during a portrait session, you have to give direction, which is easier said that done.  It's all nice and good to say, smile, and start snapping, but it's better to joke around and try to get a natural reaction, and everything about the frame and subject's position has to be considered.  It's a different experience for me, and I'll welcome it again if it happens.

Here's what we shot today, direction or no direction.

Frank

His note:

Shannon

Her note: Took a pic of the mess on the street and like how I got a flash of the snow

Myself

I had a friend visiting this weekend and we ended up goofing off with my cameras.  This is one of the better shots we ended up with, along with a bit of editing.  It was a fun time.

I'm looking forward to the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment