Monday 20 February 2012

"Photography begins with an "f" sound that stands for fiction, fake or forgery. And that is the original sin of photography. Only the most untainted purists (and the pedantic New York Times) seem to be unaware of this." - 365 Project, Day 357

My picture today is the perfect example for this quote.  With the photo's title and its content, there are various things that could be said about paying for it:
- too much beer this evening and the morning after is painful
- too much food eaten and the bill is way too high
- someone simply paying for their bill

I could tell you anything and you'd have to believe me.  Photography, as much as it is, is a replication of what happens in real life.  Add to that and explanation of what you're seeing, and that reality becomes questionable, as you were not there, and the storyteller may not be one to trust.

To find out what happened, read my photo description.

Frank

His note: I know I shot this one not long ago but the way the sun was shining through it today made it sparkle.  Very cool.

Me

I like my title for this picture, as it can mean a few different things.  However, the real story is that we simply paid our bills and left.  There was nothing extravagant in the prices or consumption of various foodstuffs.  One can imagine anything one wants, though.

Here's what will happen tomorrow: I'll wake up, do stuff, post my blog entry, and go to bed.  How's that for exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment