Wednesday 29 February 2012

"Everyone will take one great picture, I’ve done better because I’ve taken two." - 365 Project, Day 366

So this project has officially come to an end (as official as it can be, considering I'm running this myself).  Here are a few statistics, as I promised in my last post.

Obviously these numbers change daily, but as of today, of course, in the past year:
- this blog has seen 4053 page views, which turns out to being roughly 11 views per day.
- this post from November 11th has seen the most traffic, with 35 views.
- this blog has gained 2 followers, but one or two others (or possibly more) visited regularly.
- there have been 1088 photos uploaded to Flickr, and about a dozen more uploaded to blogger itself (don't ask why I uploaded to two different places, it makes sense to me).
- our pictures have been viewed a combined total of 15 751 times.
- this shot has been viewed the most times, at 410 views (it was picked up by a French online magazine).
- 55 photos have had no views, which means that 1033 photos have been seen by at least one person, 6 of which have had more than 100 views.
- that I know of, about twenty pictures have been taken by various blogs, online magazines and shops for publication.
- 20 photos have been favorited by random viewers.
- the picture that has received the most attention is by far this one.  It doesn't have the most views specifically, but I assure you it has easily been seen by the most people, as it was the duchess's Wikipedia picture for a long time.
- the most pictures I've taken in a day would be roughly 860, for a wedding I helped shoot.  The most pictures I've taken in a day  not shooting a wedding is about 350.
- I've taken roughly 7300 photographs (it's only an estimation because exact numbers are virtually impossible to figure out), which is probably less than what most people will take in their lifetime.

I started the project with the Canon S95 and the Canon 7D, with the kit lens and the EF 50mm f/1.8.  I now own the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L lens and have neither of these cameras, owning the Canon S100 and Fujifilm X10, with the intention of buying the Canon 5D Mark II replacement, whenever that goes on sale.


As has been going on in the past year, here is my picture for the day.


Whatever happens, I know I'll always be taking pictures.  Maybe more than I have in the past year, maybe less, but I'll keep taking shots of whatever I find interesting.  This spot, in case you don't recognise it, was the exact spot where I shot my first photo of the 365 project, from March 1, 2011.

Again, thank you to Frank, Mandy and Shannon who joined me for this project, and stay tuned to see what I'll do next on this blog.

That's been my photographic life in the past year, as far as I can remember.  I hope you've enjoyed it, and it's not even close to being over.  I have a lot more pictures to take!

No comments:

Post a Comment