Tuesday 14 February 2012

"Documentary photography (is) everyday reality recorded with a visual artistry that catches its 'feel' as well as its look." - 365 Project, Day 348


I was wrong.  I didn't know what today would bring.  In any case, a couple of years ago, I read The Histories, by Tacitus (which, by the way, was insanely fascinating).  Simply put, it's a recounting of one year in Rome after the death of Nero, where Rome had four different emperors.  Here's where my thought comes in.  What would it have been like to do a 365 Project in that year?

Because there was no internet, television, radio or anything else of that sort, the only thing to do would be to go out and take pictures.  Imagine the soldiers running around, the parties and the like.  It would be quite intense and very nice to see what could happen.  By the same token, imagine doing such a project, say, with Hudson while he explored Canada, or following Hannibal on his various... adventures.  Thankfully, we have books that more-or-less recount what may have happened to some degree of truth.  Unfortunately, though, last few books of The Histories are lost, and so we don't have as full a story as we should.

Here's our contribution to the history of the world.

Frank

His note: Whitney Houston dead at 48....... RIP Whitney.

Shannon

Her note: Hockey Day in Canada and Chris Phillips celebrated his 1000th game as an Ottawa Senator.

Me

I was testing out the ISO performance between the Canon 7D, Canon S100 and Fuji X10.  This is the X10 sample.  Though the S100 and 7D can go to ISO 6400 (and ISO 12800 in the 7D's case), full-size, 12MP pictures top out at ISO3200 on the X10, so that's how the samples were shot.  I'll go into more detail in a future post.  I decided to finally do this given I might not have my 7D for too much longer.

Tomorrow will be tomorrow.  I'm not sure what day of the week it'll be.  Sunday, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment