Tuesday 14 February 2012

"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers." - 365 Project, Day 344

I think Gandhi (the speaker of the above line) was referring more about paparazzi than other types of photographers.  Though the term wasn't around while he was alive (the word was actually taken from a Federico Fellini movie!), the idea was still there: get the shot of that famous person in order to sell it for as much money as possible, and move on to the next shot.

The business side of things tells us that general people want to know about famous people (for some reason or other), and someone has to show us what these famous people do when they're not trying to be famous.  It's a simple job borne out of curiosity.  However, on the other side of things, who cares what some famous person eats at a restaurant when they're with their family?  Why should you want someone to invade another's private life to live vicariously though that person?  If a paparazzi is that good a photographer, why don't they photograph other things with their equipment?

In our non-creepy life as pseudo-photographers, here's what we accomplished today.

Frank

His note: Didn't have anything to shoot today so here is a goose head taken last summer in Riverside Park.

Shannon

Her note: He had no idea his picture was being taken.

Pat

My note: I've had the idea for this shot for a while, but I always had something else to post.  I don't know why I thought this would be a good shot.  I'd always envisioned it taken with the lamppost going up from the lower left corner, but I guess it doesn't really make all that much of a difference.

Onto tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment