Sunday 5 February 2012

"Quit trying to find beautiful objects to photograph. Find the ordinary objects so you can transform it by photographing it." - 365 Project, Day 339

In filmmaking, security, and communication, photography (in the most general sense) is on the important side.  It allows you to show something to some, and allows you to see what you have to see.  I've been trying to think of areas where photography is important, though it doesn't seem to have a place.

For example, mechanics and plumbers, from time to time, need a camera to get into tight places and take pictures to show various pipes and things to clients.  It's pretty difficult to think of something where photography isn't overtly used.  Many video games use motion capture for basic movement animations; many paintings (such as the work of Robert Bateman) start with photographs; according to tv shows and movies, spies have some sort of retinal scanner to identify themselves.  I suppose something like computer programming doesn't need cameras, although with the work people did in hacking the Kinect, I guess that's on the list of camera-infused areas!

Here are our shots for today.

Frank

His note: The brick and the salt mixed in with the lines of light made for an interesting pattern.

My shot

Whenever anybody asked me what I was going to do during my vacation, I would answer exactly what you see here: chill on my bed with Tux.  My photography is kind of suffering because of it, I know, but I have to rest a few days before I'll go spend time outside.  Besides, this is forcing me to be creative within my apartment.

It's probably going to be more of the same tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment