Monday 20 February 2012

"Photography appears to be an easy activity; in fact it is a varied and ambiguous process in which the only common denominator among its practitioners is in the instrument." - 365 Project, Day 355

I thought it only fitting to have a quote by Mr. Cartier-Bresson.  Street photography is somewhat tougher than other forms, because you need to be very quick, and not really care about upsetting or annoying certain people.  Under certain conditions, I can be like that.

Getting the best shots also involves knowing when and where to be to get the best shots.  I spend an hour or so walking around in a busy part of the city at the perfect time of night to see random people doing random things and am very happy with the results I got.  Thankfully, it was a great night to be out - not very cold and busy enough for different things to happen around every corner.  I'm hoping to do more of this type of things soon.

Here's what we got.

Frank

His note: Just havin fun.

Myself

I went out with friends and ended up walking home (which, in case you're interested, was what I wanted).  I saw this couple and they inspired me to take a detour, avoid my place for a little while.  I got some nice shots.  The Market is generally busy enough on Friday nights and it was pretty warm outside.

I had a great time today.  Here's hoping to the same tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment