Monday 20 February 2012

"The photgraph that I call my best from a sitting is not always the clients favorite but it is the one that gives out the most emotion to anyone who looks at it." - 365 Project, Day 356

I've mentioned this before, but this is all about context.  My shot today is nice, if a bit cheesy, but nobody will care about it as much as I will.  Whenever I see it, I'll remember a few things, one of them being how much fun I had.  Now, you may say that a good shot will also convey that fun.  However, I have the jokes and laughter behind that shot, so even with a bit of fun in the shot, nobody will be able to fully appreciate it in the same way I will.

A second thing this shot will remind me of is how tough it was to choose the colour scheme.

Here is today's entry into the project:

Here's where it gets tough.  Look at the black and white version of the same shot.

To me, this is a tough choice.  The reason I went with the coloured shot is that I like the colours and, oddly enough, I also like the muddy greens in the pool table.  This is a limitation within the camera's dynamic range capability, but I really like the mushiness on the left, right and bottom of the shot.  It's funny and not something I'd usually enjoy, but it just seems to work in this shot.

Other than that, I wish there would be more balls, or the balls would be in more aesthetic positions, but I'll take this shot.

See what will work tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment