Monday 31 October 2011

"While photographs may not lie, liars may photograph." - 365 Project, Day 245

Given the finality of things, and how society changes every now and then, can different can a photo be viewed over time?  In the past decades, there have been some striking photographs taken, and some so important they have made their way into the societal psyche (if I say Tienamen Square, what do you think of?), but will these photographs stay impressive and stay just as important in the next decades?

The plays of Shakespeare are still studied, but unless you go into English lit, you will only read Shakespeare, and none of his contemporaries.  Taking this lead, I suppose most pictures will be forgotten and only the more iconic ones will be remembered.  The question then becomes, who will choose the iconic ones and what makes them iconic to begin with?

Enough ramblings, onto the pictures, which, unsurprisingly, all have a similar thread.

Frank

His note: Had to go with a dead tree and red background.  Happy Halloween!

Shannon

Her note: Happy Halloween!

Pat

Given I like pictures at night, and today, being the day that it is, I tried to get something spooky.  I liked the lighting and I liked the composition.  I only hope the effect shows through.  The only thing I don't like is the gaggle of people waiting on the sidewalk, though I think I'd still be there if I were still waiting for them to go away.  I'm happy with the mysterious feel, and the vague forms coming out of the lawn.

Tomorrow will be another day, and I will take pictures on this tomorrow.  Also, tomorrow is the start of movember.

No comments:

Post a Comment