Saturday 29 October 2011

"The viewer must bring their own view to a photograph." - 365 Project, Day 243

I was reading an interview with a singer a few years ago, and the interviewer asked the singer who her biggest influence was.  She replied something along the lines of, oh that's trick, I'll say everybody I've ever listened to.  I always found this answer to be really perceptive, and never found it ridiculous.

This raises a question about photography.  Not so much, are you influenced by others, but can your influences show in your own work?  Because photographers (and, to be fair, people) grow up in different neighborhoods, cities and times, no photographer can photograph exactly the same thing from the one that influenced them.  One can easily emulate a writing style, or even a film style, but can a photographic style be copied easily enough?

Here is our original work for today.

Frank

His note: I was on a date tonight!

Shannon

Her note: My friends front yard.

Pat

I've taken a few pictures of the fall colours but they generally make for a nice picture.  Nature doesn't produce such colours in vast amounts so readily (at least, not in Ottawa).  Especially when the picture is tweaked in some one, you can get some really nice-looking effects.

I should have a nice picture tomorrow.  Well, I'm not promising anything, but it will probably be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment