Sunday 30 October 2011

"The photograph reverses the purpose of travel, which until now had been to encounter the strange and unfamiliar." - 365 Project, Day 244

It's been said before that an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters given an infinite time would produce the works of Shakespeare.  Logic would quickly say yes, but then again, just because something can happen, doesn't mean it will happen, even given eternity.

Regardless, has everything that could be photographed actually been photographed?  One has to wonder how much of the planet the 100 billion or so pictures on Facebook cover?  Has ever room of every house been shot?  Has every street in every city been shot?  Not even anything as thorough as every city.  Take Paris; has every street in Paris been photographed in the past century and half?  If not, then the question now becomes, will every street ever become photographed, and when?

Here's our little contribution to the history of photography.

Frank

His note: Of course it had to happen.  I didn't have my camera today but I did have my crackberry so this pic isn't as good as it could have been.  This bird was on the roof of a car in a parking lot.  A car actually pulled up in the spot next the bird as I pulling out the BB to tyake the pic.  To my surprise the bird didn't fly away. So I took this photo.

Shannon

Her note: Waiting for the train to come and pick me up.

My picture

My note: I went walking around Ottawa with my friend and her siblings (the picture being her sister), and just liked this moment.  My friend was trying to get her sister to pose, which the sister didn't want to do too much.  I stole this shot, though, to be fair, doesn't really look much like a stolen shot.  In any case, it's was a nice moment.

Onto tomorrow, which should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment