Wednesday 12 October 2011

"When I have sex with someone I forget who I am. For a minute I even forget I'm human. It's the same thing when I'm behind a camera. I forget I exist." - 365 Project, Day 225

There's a certain serenity in being behind the camera.  Maybe I'm becoming a hermit, but seeing through the viewfinder distances you from what your shooting, and may help put the world into perspective.  When you frame something, it becomes distinct.

By the same token, when you look through the viewfinder, the subject seems important and you simply fade away behind everything.  It's not even a case of you being the messenger - it's more like you don't exist.  The photograph itself becomes the messenger, as it's the only thing the viewer sees and is aware of.  To some (to me) it's gratifying, as the spotlight is more for the subject than the subject-taker.

Here's our serenity.

Frank

His note: A new car lot at sunset close to home.  I will miss those evening sunsets... November 6th is 'change the clock time' this year.

Shannon

Her note: 20 years for the Ottawa Senators.

My picture

My note: I took a few nice pictures this evening but for some reason felt like going overboard with the colours. The sky was not that blue and the sun not that golden, but it does make for a nice photo, doesn't it?  As an HDR with a clear foreground parking lot, it could easily be an ad for a car dealership (which, by the way, is what that place is).

Until next time.  (Tomorrow, I suppose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment