Sunday 2 October 2011

"Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed." - 365 Project, Day 216

The simplest pictures sometimes take the longest time to make.  Getting that simple sunset means, perhaps, sitting on one spot for hours, and perhaps even coming back day after day.  Getting a shot of a nice little bird on a branch may mean the same.

I had an idea for my picture today, but it took longer than expected.  I had to put my camera on a tripod, fiddle around with the zoom, the focus and move the tripod around to get the right look.  I also had to figure out the best shutter speed, considering my room was basically pitch black, except the dim lights you see.  It took longer than expected, but I'm glad I did this, because I actually did learn something.

Here are the other pictures, along with mine.

Frank

His note: Just a shell.

Shannon

Her note: Wonder what he's thinking.

Pat

I had a vague concept of this picture here, and though it finished close enough, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  I just wanted something very simple and black and white.  I guess that's close enough, right?

Tomorrow is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment