Friday 28 October 2011

"I began to realize that the camera sees the world differently than the human eye and that sometimes those differences can make a photograph more powerful than what you actually observed." - 365 Project, Day 242

Silly example, but one that supports today's quote: I didn't really pay attention to what I was photographing today, but looking back at my picture, it's easy to see the flyers/papers are advertising various parties and specialty nights at various nightclubs and bars.

However, it goes deeper than that.  Some photographs show more than simply their subject.  They show, perhaps, something about the photographer him/herself, or something about society, or even something about the human condition.  It doesn't happen all the time, but if all the elements mesh together, a photograph is more than a simple photograph.

Today's pictures.

Frank

His note:

Shannon

Her note: When I went outside this morning to get in the car, what do I see? Frosssssst!

Mine

My note:
I just saw this gathering of papers, seemingly having strewn about.  They will probably be cleaned up during the night, but this photo will be here much longer.  Who knows if the people attending these various nights will enjoy them, or even remember them?

Today was a very good day for me.  Everybody seemed in a great mood, and nobody seemed grumpy.  I wish the same kind of day on everybody for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment