Monday 17 October 2011

"I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style." - 365 Project, Day 231

There is always a distinction made between, say, an actor and a movie star, or a director and an auteur.  I suppose the same can be made for photographers.  Some people take pictures for their own pleasure.  Some people do it as a job.  Some people do it for the attention they get.  Now, anybody intending to become famous by taking pictures is not completely right in the head, but I'm sure some people have that intention.

Here is the flip side of this thought: is it more karmically satisfying for the person doing it him/herself getting attention, or the person doing it for attention to not get any?

Here are our attention grabbers today.

Frank

His note: My cooking timer... Would be lost without it!

Shannon

Shannon didn't know what to put.  All I'll say is that this is my "fixed" S95.

My picture

Another sky shot, which I seem to like.  This one has the added effect of birds flying south through the sky, though you don't really see them.  I was debating whether going colour or black and white, but decided with the colours because they add a little atmosphere, even though they don't show up too much.

I will be carrying my 7D tomorrow.  'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment