Wednesday 2 November 2011

"Photography is my one recreation and I think it should be done well." - 365 Project, Day 246

Like everything else, photography can get tedious, whether it's employment or otherwise.  A project is always something that motivates and help gets creative.  I had an idea for a project.  It's something along the lines of this.

Over the next week, I'll take pictures of extremely mundane, ordinary things and try to edit them to near-unrecognisability.  This was my idea, so whether I'll end up doing that or not, we'll see.  I'm still debating the editing part of the project, but I'll see what works best.  I'm not getting tired of taking pictures, by the way, I just want to try this out.

Here we go.

Frank

His note: Bogie and Becall in The Big Sleep.

Shannon

Her note: It's that time of year!

My picture

What I have to say about it: It's simply a lightbulb with everything done to boost the contrast.  It's nothing special, and I didn't want to blow out the picture too much.  Maybe taking away some detail and having a flatter image would be better, but then I feel that becomes more of an artist's work instead of a photographer's.

Onto the next picture-taking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment