Friday 14 October 2011

"Photographic success is not just about getting the equipment. And you can't market yourself without a portfolio. If you love photography enough, the equipment will come, the portfolio will result and if you enjoy the process, successful will follow. You will evolve your own 'formula'." - 365 Project, Day 228

In the past couple of weeks, I've been surprised by people.  It seems, by my experience in the past couple of weeks, that people seem more prone to spend money on niche compact cameras than on popular entry-level DSLRs.  I've talked to a fair number of people ready to spend a few hundred dollars on a compact camera simply because it can shoot RAW, like the Canon S95, or roughly the same amount for the Sony HX9 because of its zoom and video quality.  These are small cameras with big price tags, and people don't seem to care after they learn what the cameras can do.

These are niche cameras, but I suppose all the people interested in these are congregating in one spot: near me.

Our work for the day.

Frank

His note: For the first time I'm very satisfied with the crispness of a shot with my new camera.  These droplets are so smooth and the reflections are so sweet. Plus I love the red aura of this shot.

Shannon

Her note: Love doing these.

My picture

About five minutes after this shot, I was wet.  Unfortunately, my lens wasn't wide enough for my tastes, as I would have preferred the 10-22mm from Canon.  For the most part, though, I like the sky and its ominous feeling.  It was a very distinct front that I tried to capture it as best as I could.

I'll be relaxing tomorrow, unless the weather clears up, in which case I'll be relaxing by walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment