Wednesday 6 July 2011

"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inch behind it." - 365 Project, Day 128

I don't often know what picture I'm going to take when I decide to leave my apartment to go take pictures.  Sometimes I do, but I generally walk around with my camera in hand, ready for whatever I see.  It usually works out well.  Ottawa is not the most interesting city architecturally, but there is a lot of culture and usually there is something different to shoot.

Sometimes I see something, this moment in time, and it strikes me, and it brain wants to burst out of my skull with different ideas.  A little while back I was talking to a co-worker and she had a can of air-freshener in her hand and she did this movement of bringing her hand over her head, and for a slight moment she was looking in a certain direction and the position of her legs and arms just struck me.  It got me thinking and ideas just came flowing.

Ideas can come from anywhere.  All you have to do is look.

Here are today's ideas.

Frank

His note: I'm hiding!

Shannon

Her note: The sun was just about to hide behind the cloud

My picture

I got this idea late in the day when I was alone in my thoughts.  That's usually a scary place, but the idea materialised nicely.

Now that I'm without my S95, I'm not sure how I'll proceed to simple, every day pictures.  I'll get it back eventually, but I suppose I'll have to rely on my phones or my 7D.

No comments:

Post a Comment