Tuesday 19 July 2011

"The general rule of posing, if it’s meant to be bent, bend it." - 365 Project, Day 141

I didn't know what picture to take today, and my friend suggested mixing nature with technology.  Now, I don't really have that kind of picture today, but it brings up an interesting though.  (Well, perhaps not interesting, but it does bring up a thought).  I generally find my compositions and exposure decent enough, and though a pretty picture is nice, it can be more.

Trying to take a meaningful picture can be a little tough, especially when you have an idea in your head.  Unless you go out and alter your environment to suit your vision, it's going to be pretty difficult to take the exact shot you want.  Street, generally, is spontaneous, and so trying to find something meaningful can be tricky.  For example, mixing nature and technology is fairly easy if I really wanted to do that (trees line pretty much every street around here), but trying to incorporate both together in a way that tell a story is the bigger challenge.  It's something I'm working on, but I doubt will be too successful any time soon.

In any case, here are the shots everybody wanted today.

Frank

His note: Is the day of the Blackberry over?

Shannon

Her note: My buddy Rango.

Pat

I would have preferred more cones/pylons in more places randomly in the road, but I'll settle for this, especially with the lady walking through to get to her apartment.

I start a week I'm not particularly looking forward to tomorrow.  I hope I'll be able to take some nice shots here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment