Thursday 14 July 2011

"Photography by nature is spiritual, considering it comes from the darkness to show the light." - 365 Project, Day 136

It doesn't matter type of technology you use to show any kind of light, a good picture is a good picture.  When I was in Korea a little while back, the big thing were dicaphones - a combination of digital camera and cell phone. One side of the thing was an actual digital camera, and when it was turned around, you could slide down a keyboard and call someone.  Sony released one of those in North America, the C8.

Nokia also boasts some impressive numbers, with upwards of 12MP on their phones (along with Sony), and their quality is very well regarded.  The iPhone has one the better phone cameras, as well.  Five megapixels in this day and age is become a bit small.  There have been entire music videos shot with cell phones.  In fact, some shorts have been shot with mobile phones.  Now, I can't vouch for their artistic merit, but it's certainly impressive that filmmakers have adopted technology in such a way.

In line with my topic, my favorite picture today is Shannon's, which was taken with her phone.

Frank

His note: The remains of a wonderful Korean meal shared with my son Pat after a trying day.  Thanks Pat.

Shannon

Her note: Back to the clouds. Was sitting in my friends backyard today. I looked up and liked the formation of these clouds.

My picture


I guess the bus company wants its passengers to keep cool in the heat while they're waiting?  Actually, I think there was a hole in the sprinkler system of the company behind bus stop, but I prefer my initial thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment