Sunday 10 July 2011

"I have never taken a picture for any other reason than that at that moment it made me happy to do so." - 365 Project, day 132

As far as I can tell, Flickr is now very closely approaching 6 billion photos on it site.  (They announced 5 billion in September last year, and based on the last years' trends, it should be hitting 6 billion in the next month or so.)  That's a lot of moments captured.  Assuming that everybody follow the rule of my topic today, a fair chunk of people are looking randomly around them (and presumably not in front of them, which is slightly dangerous).

Close your eyes (after reading this paragraph, of course, or you'll have no real idea of what I'm going to say), and imagine how many pictures are being taken on this planet at any instant.  Flickr has, say, 6 billion pictures, Facebook boasts somewhere in the range of 90 billion pictures, but many, many people don't use those websites.  That's a massive amount of memories, and it's impressive.

Here I am adding to that total.

Frank

His note: Yesterday this pigeon rested on my easel.  Today it came back to rest on the balcony railing.  Wonder what he will do tomorrow?

Shannon

Her note: I seem to always end up taking pictures of the sky. I really like how the clouds form.

(Don't knock taking pictures of the sky.  Today, I took almost the exact same shot only I had a lamppost int he corner.)

Pat

I had to stretch to get this picture looking like this.  When I took the shot, it was terribly overexposed (only had once chance and all), so I had to really push the file in post.  Turned out really nicely.

Tomorrow should be the same.  I'm wondering if I'll get more or less the same picture.  Tune in to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment