Friday 15 July 2011

"Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness." - 365 Project, Day 137

Once in a while, an iconic photo shows up and affects mass amounts of people.  With a few vague words, you know what photo is being talked about; the sailor kissing the lady in the middle of a street, Marilyn Monroe's dress being blown from a grate, and (if you know ghost stories), the picture of the telephone flying across the girl's lap.

All of these represent something deeper than simply pictures of what they show.  For some unexplainable reason, they dig below simple pageantry and expose something mysterious and rooted in the subconscious.  Either that or they show a celebrity in a compromising position.

Onto the pictures.

Frank

His note: Loved the look of the knots and the wavey pattern caused by the big knot.

Shannon

Her note: Just remembered to take a pic, and all I could think of were my sandals.

My pic

I was walking around today and ended up behind this guy.  I have no idea where he started from, I have no idea where he was going, but this simple picture is one small part of his journey.

So it's now well after 2am and I don't really feel like going to bed.  I think I should, though.  I shall see you all later, with more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment