Friday 22 July 2011

"Photographs that transcend but do not deny their literal situation appeal to me." - 365 Project, Day 144

I've had an idea for a project for a while now, and I would go through with it were it not for the scattered logistics and its potential cost.  Grab different photographers from different fields and throw them into one area, say, Central Park in New York City, and give them each the same camera and lens (Nikon D700 with the 24-70 f/2.8, if I have to be specific).  If possible, one photographer at a time would be preferable, so they would have less distractions.  Otherwise, all at once should be a whole lot of fun, as well.

Now, let them off their leash and tell them to go crazy for a few hours, and admire their final products.  How will the photographers' backgrounds affect what they're shooting now?  Will their background show through with flying colours?  Like I said, it's a bit complicated, but it would be a nice thing to try out.

Do the pictures today show what we like photographing?  Take a look!

Frank

His note: Pile of loonies I use for laundry... I would prefer if they were all Krugerrands!

Shannon

Her note: Was at my parents today and my dad collects Coke antiques. This was one of them.

My pic

My friend pointed out that many of my pictures were too dark because they were taken at night.  I tried taking a picture during the day, but ended up with something dark anyway.

I probably won't have time to take any pictures during the day tomorrow so you've been warned.  I do have to say that I've been without my S95 for about 2 and a half weeks, and I miss my compact camera very much.  Carrying around my 7D is nice, but is far less convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment