Monday 18 July 2011

"The ear tends to be lazy, it craves the familiar and is shocked by the unexpected; the eye, on the other hand, tends to be impatient, it craves the novel and is bored by repetition." - 365 Project, Day 140

I've heard more than a few times that people who photoshop pictures (especially landscapes) have a whole library of cloud shots they've taken, to make it easier to alter skies.  My question today is: how many times can you photograph something before it becomes boring?

On my trip to Egypt a few years back, I remember going through the desert from Alexandria to Siwa, then on to Luxor, and in those 3 days I saw nothing but sand and rocks (and the occasional bit of human debris left over from previous passersby).  I took about 200 shots in those 3 days (on film, no less!), and every one of them, at the time, seemed interesting in their own way.  Looking back, they're, well, nothing but and and rocks.  (Simple things...)  I keep taking pictures of the sky and clouds because they seem nice.  I suppose I'll keep doing the same thing until the world I live in comes off as being bland.

Here are the rest of today's pictures.

Frank

His note: Lovely flower, lovely colour.

Shannon

Her note: A chocolate shoe.

Pat

The sun gave a gorgeous view of itself today.  This would be a better sunset about 150 years ago in the old west, but this intersection will do, I suppose.

I will be tired tomorrow, that is guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment