Sunday 3 July 2011

"Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - 365 Project, Day 125

There's an old joke about a screenwriter, waking up in the middle of the night, having dreamt of, he later claimed, to be the best movie ever made.  He quickly scribbles a note on a pad next to his bed to help him jog his memory of the dream for the next morning.  Upon waking up a few hours later, he remembers his mental antics of the night and expectantly looks at the pad, where he reads his note, "Boy meets girl".

A muse can be an elusive creature.  It can take long hours of travelling, thinking and hunting to eventually uncover that beast of creative feeling.  However, just as easily, it may poke its head out at you, looking you straight in the face, like a deer in headlights, and startle you.  Though this burr of creativity may or may not end up being something spectacular, it still is quite a rush, energising you and getting more than a few neurons firing.  It may be as simple as seeing lines converge in a certain scene, or seeing someone spontaneously take a certain pose, but it can happen quickly.  I take pictures every day, but I don't have a new favorite picture every day.  When things do click and I enjoy my picture, I smile.

Today wasn't so inspirational for me, but I do enjoy my picture.  As you would expect, the pictures follow.

Frank

His note: The laundry room in the apartment building I live in.  Not my favourite room.  I amplified magenta in the picture to colour the floor tiles and then used the photo of a towel as a border background.  Not very inspired I know but somehow it is fitting.

Shannon


Her note: Totally forgot to take a picture, and just remembered walking along the sidewalk and saw this crack.

Me

My note: This is a somewhat cheesy and typical shot you can see in any blog, but I like the way it looks.  I've done this type of editing before, though it's usually to bring out the red of a rose instead of an orange colour.  That colours is why I did it this time.  To say I did orange, I suppose.  I just like the contrast in the bush and leaves, as well as the interesting colour coming out of the flowers.  The rest of the day was actually quite bland when it came to scenery.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment