Friday 8 July 2011

"Lazy vision can’t be recovered in Photoshop. There is no Un-Suck filter." - 365 Project, Day 130

I could not, no matter hard I tried, and not for lack of trying, as well, fix my picture today.  Though it turned out passable (and just passable at that), my vision far outweighed what the sensor could capture.  Why could I not, you ask, wait around to get the perfect picture?  Well, suffice to say my balcony was fairly inundated less than a minute post-snaps, and the imposing clouds had fluttered away post-rain.

My goal, as has been repeated ad nauseum, is to improve my photographic skills.  Today, though, my brain farted out a few settings on my camera, which, though I knew would be dark, turned out too somber.  Unfortunately for yours truly, as well, Adobe has not yet seen fit to endow Lightroom with an un-suck button, and I'm left with this dark, grainy, pasty blog of colours you see today.  Perhaps Lightroom 4 will see such an option, but until then, I will (shudder) have to rely on my mad skillz.

Thankfully, this is a group effort, and the other redeem the day.

Frank

His note: Three of my friends enjoying the sun.

Shannon

Her note: Went strawberry picking today.  Think I ate more than I picked!

My picture

What I have to say: Not much to say about this picture, other than to say, I'm sorry.  It didn't fulfill my vision, and though I could have made it look crazy in post, I will man up and say I will try to do better tomorrow.

I'm not sure how tomorrow will go.  I work strange hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment