Friday 12 August 2011

"When subject matter is forced to fit into preconceived patterns, there can be no freshness of vision." - 365 Project, Day 165

I don't know how you view my pictures (or, for that matter, my blog) but I'm enjoying doing this.  Some of my pictures I'm not too enthralled with but for the most part, I find my creations pretty satisfying.  I suppose that, because I enjoy people, and street photography, my pictures (hopefully) reflect that enjoyment, and they don't look stale.

There's always something different about street and I'm assuming it shows in my pictures.  (At least, in my mind they do.)  There's always something different, and always a new element to shoot.  I suppose that's the same reason Flickr can have billions of pictures and keep growing every year.  People find different things to shoot every day, even if they have similar elements, and that keeps them going.

Here are today's additions.

Frank

His note: Mr. Potato Head now has competition, Mr. Turkey Patty.

(Just so you guys know, my mother was always the one telling me not to play with my food, not my father.)

Shannon

Her note: Tonight's sunset.

My picture

Another street shot, this time with my Torch (the fourth gizmo I've used in this project to take pictures, if anybody's keeping count).  I just saw the moon earlier walking back home, and thought it would make a nice shot.  The two people walking down the street were perfect for me, and the person driving the car gave me the perfect title.  (Considering, you know, I'm also going home at this point.)

I think I'll enjoy tomorrow, though I'm not sure why.  I'll let you know later.

No comments:

Post a Comment