Tuesday 9 August 2011

"If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up." - 365 Project, Day, 162

I suppose repetition in this project is not necessarily a bad thing.  If this is supposed to be a reflection of real life, you see the same things every day of your life.  Sure, you have different experiences, but you see the same streets, building and people (generally) every day.

As long as your differences are microscopic from day to day (seeing different cars, TV shows, different meals, and the like), you should be content.  The occasional macroscopic difference (meeting someone special, going on vacation, stuff of the sort) mixes things up.  Overall, though, life is pretty humdrum, though that's enough for most people.  Besides, differences are not what make life special.  As in life, small variations in photography can bring something new to a similar picture.

Frank makes his triumphant return to this project.  Here are his, as well as Shannon and my, pictures for today.

Frank

His note: I cheated a little but this totally looked like a dog to me.

Shannon

Her note: Yay we finally got rain!

Mine

What you can't really see too much is that the light of the lampposts and the light in the sunset had the same colour.  There's no real way of showing that without specifically emphasising that colour.  Also, I tried to differentiate this shot from my other balcony shots by splitting it differently with the horizon line.  It turned out nicely, except for the lamppost light reflections.

Tonight was a sunset, so tomorrow I'll try for something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment