Thursday 4 August 2011

"My camera has helped to give me insight to truth. It has helped me to understand that change is wonderful and beneficial." - 365 Project, Day 157

This has nothing to do with photography, but it's for a good cause (and it's my blog dammit, I'll talk about whatever I wanna), so I'm deciding to mention it.  Speed Demos Archive is doing a speedrunning marathon (aka, playing a game from start to finish as fast as they possibly can) until Saturday night, so head over there and donate some money to them to help autism research.

They usually help the Organisation for Autism Research, but they've also assembled a very successful marathon to help Doctors Without Borders in Japan after the massive earthquakes earlier this year.

For those that say it's wasting time, it's about as useful as watching random sitcoms and dramas on television, or spending endless hours of surfing random internet sites.  It's simply another way of spending your time.  If you're watching this after the marathon ends, head over there anyway to see what they have.  Whether you like gaming or not, you have to admire the dedication and skill these runners have in getting the fastest time possible.

In any case, here are today's pictures.

Shannon

Her note: At the concert.

(I know far too many people attending this concert.)

My picture

A vague picture of the PC I built myself last year, with one intention in mind.  It's serving me very well.  This is in honour of Speed Demos Archive, who, twice a year, do a 3-day marathon to help research for various good causes.

Tomorrow will be good.  I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment