Sunday 21 August 2011

"In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality." - 365 Project, Day 174

When talking about different kinds of photography, infrared photography has to be included in the conversation.  It's a strange thing, when you hear that some cameras have been modified to be sensitive to that particular spectrum of light, and when converted to visible light, there's a very different look.  It ends up being black and white, though has a very particular shadings and doesn't look quite natural (for obvious reasons).

As far as practical purposes, I'm not quite sure why one would alter a $2500 camera simply to take infrared pictures, especially as a hobby.  The effect is far more artistic than anything else.  My picture today hasn't been manipulated to look infrared, I just liked the thick blacks of after desaturating it.  Other than that, take a look at some infrared pictures.

Pictures follow.

Frank

His note: 2 flash drives and Lypsyl.

Shannon

Her note: Any guesses?

(I can guess.)

Pat

This was a decent picture in colour, but I really wanted to bring out the sky so I just boosted the contrast after changing it to black and white.  It looks interesting.

I like my picture today.  I hope my next one will be better, whether I think so or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment