Saturday 13 August 2011

"The important thing is not the camera but the eye." - 365 Project, Day 166

To that first sentence, I will add an, um, addendum: the subject matter can also make up to the technical shortcomings of the overall picture.  The actual title of this post definitely applies to Shannon's picture today, while the part I completely made up applies to mine.

The rock formation has nice lines and the contrast of the lighter and darker tones make a great abstract shot, whatever it was shot with.  As for my shot, I like the subject matter, I like the title.  I like the fact that the mother, son and daughter are all holding hands when they crossed the street, and at that angle, it's really impossible to tell who's leading the pack.  The background may be rubbish, the angle may be funny, but that's not what the focus of the picture is (for me, at least), and the focus trounces any small imperfections that may have been taken with the last-possible-second picture.

Our pictures will have to suffice for the rest of today.

Frank

His note:

Shannon

Her note: Went to Hogg's Back and loved the formations of the rock.

My picture

One more random street shot.  The picture is not perfectly level but I had to hurry to get this picture and it was one of those stolen shots that I chose to take at the very last possible second, so the subject matter would be more important than, say, whether the picture is level or not.

Today was good.  Tomorrow should be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment