Thursday 25 August 2011

"Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child." - 365 Project, Day 178

Someone tweeted a question today.  That in itself is hardly unusual, though the question is pertinent for this blog: something to the effect of, what if Steve Jobs became a professional photographer?  though an interesting question, there may be a specific reason Mr. Jobs is more renown for his keen fashion sense (and, I suppose, his innovative design and hardware devices) than his photography.

Some people, though perhaps quite intelligent in their own right, may not have the best talent at visualising various objects in various formations.  Fashion sense is one thing, but it is somewhat unconnected to a photographic eye.   By the same token, I assume very few photographers are terrific businessmen and innovators.  We are all talented at certain things, and Mr. Jobs seems very good at wearing black turtle necks and jeans.

Here's where our talent lies.

Frank

His note: The street is close to the building I live in.  I like how the leaf cover seems to create a tunnel.

Shannon

Her note: Looked like it was going to storm today, when I looked at this pic I noticed the sun rays.

My pic

I was taking pictures of the sidewalks down various streets and I got to this stretch and liked the way the shadow crept across the street and the sun reflected off the street at thee intersection.  It created a nice contrast in the picture.

Today was better than I thought, but we'll have to see about tomrorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment