Tuesday 23 August 2011

"As I have practiced it, photography produces pleasure by simplicity. I see something special and show it to the camera. A picture is produced. The moment is held until someone sees it. Then it is theirs." - 365 Project, Day 176

Some pictures are simple, some pictures are not, but whatever the picture, it always has the power to capture something in you and never let go.  It doesn't matter what the subject matter is - a piece of vegetable, a grand vista showing a vast area, a simple portrait of a gripping face - anything can be powerful if shot at the right time and in the right way.

I'm not suggesting that any of my pictures are such powerful ones, but I hope to one day take one that enthralls and is enjoyed by at least a few people.  To do that, I have to press a few shutter buttons.

So, here is today's batch of pictures.

Frank

His note: Old bench near the entrance of my apartment building.  It gets well used.

Shannon

Her note: I'm not use to seeing red fire hydrant.  They are always yellow.

My picture

There's something picturesque about having the sky blue like that, and the one lit tree in the distance, and the silhouetted trees in the foreground.

I'm a bit weary of tomorrow, but we'll see what ends up happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment