Tuesday 2 August 2011

"Black and white photography is a perfect lie. We must not let colour destroy this image." - 365 Project, Day 155

At times, colours are distracting.  Whether they're too dull or too bright, they can take away from the aesthetic appeal of the image (as well as, to be fair, adding appeal to some others).  This is the case with my picture today.  I like both the black and white and colour versions of it, but decided on the desaturated look because of the bright yellow jackets of the construction workers mixed in with the strong blue of the security fence and greens of the trees.  It's a very busy image.

This is a good candidate for black and white because the hues are fairly similar and make one look at the picture instead of the colours, and calms the whole thing down a notch.  It's not the greatest picture I've ever taken, but it certainly benefits from having only 2 basic colours simplifying it.

Again, Frank can't send in a picture, but he should be back soon enough.  As for now, Shannon and I are holding down the fort!

Shannon

Her note: I think I'm obsessed with clouds.

My pic

Again, some random street shot.  I should probably crop this one, but I'll leave it as it is.  Two construction workers looking at their buddies working, when the other gentlemen doesn't really seem to care and just wants to go home (or to his mistress's or wherever).

I think tomorrow will be nice.  I will let you know, well, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment