Tuesday 30 August 2011

"Unlike any other visual image, a photograph is not a rendering, an imitation or an interpretation of its subject, but actually a trace of it. No painting or drawing, however naturalist, belongs to its subject in the way that a photograph does." - 365 Project, Day 183

I realised that the only time my cat really meows is when he wants something.  Today he was following a ladybug and when she was out of reach, he started meowing.  By the same token, I realised today I take a lot of pictures of skies.  They just look nice to me.  As a parody of that to myself, I took a reflection of the sky today.

Every photograph is a piece of reality that's kept forever (or until human civilisation blows itself up and all the photos with it), keeping some representation of what you liked, disliked, found interesting, found boring or wanted to otherwise remember.  It may not be the best way to represent reality, but it's one of the better ways to recall past events.

Here's what we'll remember in 2031.  Maybe.

Frank

His note: Large plant in front of a house.  It outgrew all other plants in the area.  Good for the grower!

Shannon

Her note: Waiting for my dinner tonight.

Moi

I had three nice choices for my picture today, but decided to go a bit obtuse.  It caught my eye while walking to work.  Just the reflection of the sky in the mirror looked like an interesting (if artsy) picture.  I don't think it really means anything, it just looks nice.

PS.  One of the pictures on this blog ended up on Meebo.  Strange.  Also, in days, we're officially halfway through the project.  Good work, Frank and Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment