Sunday 28 August 2011

"I have no fear of photography as long as it cannot be used in heaven and in hell." - 365 Project, Day 181

Any picture has the potential to be used to brighten someone's day or to make it worse.  It is amazing how much context can play a role in a photograph.  If you see a picture of someone with scraggy-looking clothes, you can be told they are homeless, or a model doing a particular shoot, and your reaction will be completely different.

What, then, if you don't have any information about a picture?  I suppose it comes down to your own view of life, and your biases will then show through, for better or for worse.  This, I suppose, mostly to picture where social relevance is attempted, and doesn't really apply if one just simply sees a picture of something simple and inoffensive, like that of, say, a cake.

Today was a day that, had I not been working, I would have ended up posting a picture of my cat, because there was nothing very much else to do, except stay inside, or, as was evidenced by my day, go to stores and spend money.  Here are the pictures.

Frank

His note: Won't need this fan pretty soon.

Shannon

Her note: Didn't think I would have a pic,but then looked outside and saw the sunset.

Pat

Nice colours.  That's all I have to say.

I should have a day shot tomorrow, but I promise nothing.  Just come back tomorrow to see what I end up posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment