Friday 19 August 2011

"Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing)." - 365 Project, Day 173

I have a few shots that I really enjoy that are of addresses.  It sounds strange, but don't worry, it actually is pretty strange.  The opportunity for this address photography doesn't come up often given most addresses are fairly similar.  A few numbers on a house, and that's it.

Sometimes, there's something different, like (in my picture today) interesting shadows and lighting, or the numbers are skewed, fallen or broken, creating a certain effect.  In total, I only have about 3 or 4 of these types of shots, but with persistence, I suppose I could have 6 more in about 10 years.

Today's pictures!

Frank

His note: Sunset.

Shannon

Her note: I totally agree with this.

(This reminds of The Simpsons episode where the family goes to stay at a beach house, and Lisa 'forgets' to pack her stuff in her suitcase, and Homer remarks her suitcase is light.  She suggests that maybe he's getting stronger, to which he replies, 'Well, I have been eating more.')

My picture

I just found this scene interesting with the semi-eerie light and the small white front of the house.  Some addresses I find quite interesting.  This is one of them.

Though I'm fairly happy with the picture I took today, I'm hoping to get a better picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment