Friday 25 November 2011

"Photography has no rules, it is not a sport. It is the result which counts, no matter how it is achieved." - 365 Project, Day 270

When shooting in a studio, the photographer has all the time available to them to be as picky as they want to.  Every little bit of the picture has to be considered, and there's no excuse for imperfection or sloppiness.  Is there a form of photography where these are forgivable?

Lomography is a movement that aims to be imperfect, so I'm not considering this.  Would a street photographer have a better chance of being recognised than a landscape photographer or a photojournalist or even a sports photographer, with slightly blurry pictures?  I suppose the clearer the picture, whatever the style, the better it is, unless you're going for the blurry look.

Here are our pictures, blurry or not.

Frank

His note: I hate when police cars park next to mine.

My Photo

I took a different route home and got some nice shots, but this one stood out.  It's dark and mysterious and I like how the colours in the reflections.

Tomorrow will be, uh, tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment