Wednesday 9 November 2011

"Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper… the photographer begins with the finished product." - 365 Project, Day 254

I asked before (a few days ago), if you could go back to the beginning of your photographic career, would you bing with you your creative or technical talents?  Along the same lines, I ahve a question today exploring a parallel.  Which is mor important, taking photography classes only, or only shooting and trying to learn everything yourself?

On the one hand, you get all the technical aspects in a very short time without having to mess around with trial and error.  On the other hand, you get some practical approach, and you can learn at your own pace, concentrating on things you want to learn about in your own way.

I suppose, unsurprisingly, each approach has its benefits so, as much as it pains me to say, a bit of both is recommended.  Practice will help teach you about how to prepare yourself for different situations, while taking classes will bypass many small mistakes beginners tend to make.

Here are our mistakes.

Frank

His note: Sure looks like a mouse to me.

Shannon

Her note: Little hard to see, however one of the men at centre ice is a World War II veteran.

Pat

Not much to say here other than the fact that I wish animals would listen to direction a bit more.  I didn't really have time to wait to see if the squirrel thing (which, admittedly, you can't see very well) would wander onto the bike, which I would have enjoyed. Other than that, it's a simple shot, with nothing special.

Tomorrow will be good, but I will be tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment