Saturday 5 November 2011

"The camera can photograph thought. It's better than a paragraph of sweet polemic." - 365 Project, Day 250

Walking around doing street photography, one gets the feeling that people don't really like getting their picture taken.  Why is this?  Beyond the simplistic view that people don't like their weight, or bad hair or cheesy clothes, it there a good reason someone wouldn't like being in front of the camera?

Some people are slightly more shy than others, some people are intimidated by a big piece of black machinery in front of their face.  In that case, would I be better off getting a smaller camera?  (Like, say, an M9?)  The Fuji X10 is out soon, and this seems like a very nice little black piece of machinery that people may not be offended by.  We'll see  how everything goes.

Here's what we did today.

Frank

His note: Kim Mitchell sang about 'Patio Lanterns' these are patio stones.  Don't know what the parallel between both is but I'm out!

Shannon

Her note: After many years of great games and concerts, South Side is coming down.

(I saw my first concert there.)

Pat

My note: This is stretching the rules of my short-term project.  It's mundane - some frost on grass - but it's not necessary something that I envisioned shooting.  It's also not processed in the same way the other shots are.  Meh, I'll take this only because I really like how the shot turned out.

Onto tomorrow, because even though there's some today left, I'll be sleeping through most of the rest of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment