Saturday 26 November 2011

"The camera sees more than the eye, so why not make use of it?" - 365 Project, Day 271

I was wondering something.  It's probably not all that fascinating, but I had a thought.  What would an artificial intelligence photography?  Say you give a camera to a supercomputer that has been programmed to take photographs, what would its style be?  Let it roam free outside and how would it compose its shots, and would it prefer monochrome over colour?

Computers are doing more and more work and are being programmed to do all these things, and research into robotics and artificial intelligence is advancing very quickly.  How will robots distinguish themselves in the photographic world?

Here's what we non-robots shot today.

Frank

His note: Was cleaning my sports card collection and saw these two cards of my favorite.  Decided to post them for today's picture in his honour.  To this day, he is still he only defenceman to win the scoring championship, and he did it twice!

Shannon

Her note: Mmm, strawberry margarita.

Me

I've noticed in the past few days my pictures have been extremely bright or extremely dark..  The trend keeps going today.  This is vaguely what the morning sky looked like today, with a bit of contrast tweaking.  The clouds were thick and the sun looked like the moon through them.  I found this look a bit more striking, given the sensor on my phone isn't the best.

Today was tiresome, tomorrow will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment