Thursday 17 November 2011

"I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them." - 365 Project, Day 262

Someone said something at one time to the effect of money makes the world go round, but do other things have that effect?  Say there could be no photographs or videos taken for one 24-hour period (given, videos are essentially a series of photographs).

The obvious thing would happen: wedding photographers, portrait photographers and the like would not be able to earn any money that particular day, but it goes beyond that.  Not only could Hollywood not shoot movies (which, according the individual, may either be a good or bad thing) and the local news wouldn't be able to broadcast, but also, traffic light cameras would not photograph red-light runners and surveillance cameras would not be able to watch thieves or other wrong-doers.  People wouldn't be able to skype/facetime/videochat with whomever they generally do this with.  A drunken night out would have no way of being remembered the next day.  Doctor's couldn't operate on knees, torsos or countless other body parts, perform various other procedures.  Bomb disposal units would have to rely on their own hands instead of sending out robots to disarm strange packages.  Scientists wouldn't be able to photograph microbes, or galaxies.

The list can go on for much longer, but I think my idea is sound; photography is kind of as much necessary as money or anything else, because if cameras didn't work, people wouldn't see.

Here's what we saw today.

Frank

His note: For you Beatles fans out there, number 9, number 9, number 9.

Pat

What I would have preferred for this shot is not having anything other than my cat sitting on my front speaker.  I did edit the picture to take everything out, but decided on keeping the picture as real as possible.  I still like the way it looks, with Tux simply looking at me amid a big empty wall.

I will try plowing into tomorrow head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment