Sunday 27 November 2011

"Synonym for the word 'photographer': shooter, camera bug, lensmen, lenswomen, send out a camera." - 365 Project, Day 272

A few years back, I visited Egypt.  I went to Cairo, Alexandria, Siwa, Luxor, Hurgada and back to Cairo to leave.  It was a 15-day trip and I came back with a really nice, amber, chess set, and about 600 photos.  The thing with all those photos is that they were taken with a film camera.  I don't remember how much it cost to develop all those pictures but I know I was surprised when I realised how much it was.

My point is, today, if I were to go back on the same trip, how many pictures would I take?  I should theoretically be able to take a lot more now, given how many pictures can be stored on a memory card (or, for that matter, on a laptop), so would I take the same ones, or different ones?  Well, I suppose they were in part be different given how dunes in the Sahara change, but the idea remains the same.  Also, with a slightly better camera and more variety in focal lengths, would my pictures be, overall, be better?  There are a few shots I took that I loved, but would my equipment now allow me to do more?

Here's out inspiration for the day.

Frank

His note: A cute gift from my friend from New Zealand.

Shannon

Her note: Laying down after a long day, this is all I can see.

Me

This was not a day with any lengthy moment of free time, and so this is what you get.  It's smaller because my phone can't do 1x1 pictures, and the shape of this thing was pretty strange.  It's got nice texture, and in black and white it looks pretty interesting.

I am glad this weekend is over.  The week should be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment