Tuesday 22 November 2011

"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." - 365 Project, Day 267

What happens if you simply can't get the shot you want?  Will you stay in that spot until you get it, or will you give up and move on?  Will you come back the next day, or the day after that, until you get that shot?

I suppose these answers depend on the type of shot you're going for.  If it's something candid, then once lost, it's gone.  If it's more of a landscape-type shot, then you have until an asteroid hits your subject to get the shot you want.  It must also depend on they type of character you possess.  If you're determined (or, for that matter, somewhat spoiled), you'll want that shot because you want it, and if possible you'll do whatever you have to in order to get it.  Otherwise, you'll realise it can't be had (or are somewhat impatient) and move on to the next thing.  I suppose the answer to my questions is yes and no.

Here's what we got today.

Frank

His note: Skype-ing with a friend from Australia.

Shannon

Her note: Pretty soon, we will be able to build these guys outside as mother nature is bringing us some nasty weather.

(Shannon, we've been through this: it should be a lot colder by now.  Be happy we're not under 4 feet of snow.)

(EDIT on the 23rd.  Like today.)

Myself

As the title suggests, I didn't really know what to do.  I would have been happier with a shot I couldn't get, as opposed to not having a shot at all.  I'm not really sure what I was going for; I probably wanted the gravestone in between the bars to signify something but I didn't have a camera and my phone has too wide an angle.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Onto tomorrow.  Hopefully, I'll have more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment