Wednesday 2 November 2011

"She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes." - 365 Project, Day 247

When I set out writing this blog, I intended to use various quotes about photography to title each post.  I wondered, however, how long this would keep going.  Well, we're some 247 days into this project and I'm still finding things people have said about photography.  To be fair, it's getting harder and harder to find relevant quotes based on the topic I wish to talk about, but barring that, I'll have no trouble finding things people have said about photography for the next 100 days.

I'm surprised I've been able to find so many quotes.  It's not like trying to find quotes about love or intelligence or human condition; this is a relatively niche subject.  In any case, some quotes I agree with, some I don't, but I'm having a lot of fun trying to find something to fill the title every day.

In lieu of words, I suppose I could just cut to the pictures if I really wanted to.

Frank

His note: A construction crane in the sunset from my balcony.

Shannon

Her note: My box of Kleenex.

Pat

My note: Taking a picture of your own glasses is a bit tricky, especially when you have to wear those glasses to see properly.  I tried using a flash, but couldn't get the look I wanted so this will have to do.  I wanted my glasses to be very saturated given their colours, but I couldn't do that without making the rug look orangy-red, which it isn't.  I'd rather not selectively boost saturation, either.  So this is the final project, oddly enough, after slight desaturation (among other tweaks).

I think tomorrow will be long, but it's no matter, because that means I'll have a lot of time to take pictures of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment