Wednesday 28 September 2011

"Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts." - 365 Project, Day 212

I've taken quite a few pictures of the type I'm posting today.  Everybody knows taking more pictures leads to more talent, but is there a limit?  If I keep taking pictures of this kind, will I ever reach a level where these types of pictures will not get better?  For that matter, how many different angles and zoom lengths do I need to photograph for me to reach that plateau?  For that matter, does taking a picture of simply one thing make me a better photographer for other subjects?

I suppose any experience is better than no experience, and learning something in one field may help you out in another one.  Knowledge of, say, lighting in one particular type of photography may also bring fresh eyes to a different type, bringing with it new views and ideas.  For that matter, it may help out, not only in photographer, but in other creative fields, and vice-versa.

Here are Frank's, Shannon's and my pictures.

Frank

His note: The service doors at Toyota.

Shannon

Her note: I was stung about a month ago from one of these little buggers that lived in here.

My picture

I like the look of these kinds of pictures, and this is no different.  It's a different street from the ones I've taken before, and though I'd prefer a wider-angle lens, I'm happy with this.

I enjoyed today.  Hopefully, tomorrow will have the same effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment