Friday 9 September 2011

"Film is cheaper than opportunity." - 365 Project, Day 193

When you get the chance to snap a picture, it should be taken, because it probably won't happen again.  Film - or, in today's parlance, memory cards - are not very expensive.  I'm willing to bet that many photographers would pay a lot more than the cost of a 32GB CF card to get the perfect shot they have missed.

I'm also not talking about missed framing or bad focus - those, to a certain extent, may be fixed.  I'm talking about simply not having a camera, or not being able to take a picture.  Many interesting things happen every day, and then they're lost forever.  It's a shame so many jokes, or tears or simple memorable moments are never caught, and they so are never experience by nobody but a few people.

Here is what we caught today.

Frank

His note: Pidgeon with 2 shadows and in jail?

Shannon

Her note: For some reason this pile of flyers caught my eye.

My picture

Nothing special today, just a silhouette of a crane in front of the sun.  I just ended up thinking of the building being put up and how high it might turn out to be.  Theoretically, it could probably be 50 stories, though I somehow doubt it'll be more than 3.

I will have my camera with me all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment